Singapore Company Registration Specialist
We provide incorporation and corporate secretarial services

Archive: Posts

Post Img 0002

What Pass Should I Apply For?

Many would think that they can start to work anytime as long as there are companies that are willing to hire them. Well, this might be an offence in Singapore, a country well-known for implementing its strict laws. According to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), any non-residents must get a hold of a valid work pass before they can start working in Singapore. What kind of pass should you apply for?

Employment Pass

The foreign professionals who are going to work in managerial, executive or technically specialized jobs may apply for the Employment Pass (EP). Foreigners who are interested in incorporating a company in Singapore are also required to have an EP. The minimum fixed monthly salary should be S$3,000. Different types of EP may require higher fixed monthly salary and other acceptable qualifications.


A Foreign entrepreneur who is ready to start and operate a new business in Singapore will need to apply for an EntrePass. The company must be registered as a Private Limited Company with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority – Singapore’s national regulator of businesses and public accountants. The applicant must hold at least 30% of shares in the company. The paid-up capital of this Singapore registered company must be at least S$50,000. However, some businesses may not be considered for the EntrePass such as coffee shops, hawker centres, bars, night clubs, foot reflexology and etc..

S Pass

Mid-level skilled foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$2,000 can apply for an S Pass.

Work Permit

A Work Permit (WP) allows unskilled foreigners to work in Singapore. It may also allow foreigners to work as domestic helpers, confinement nannies and performing artists.

In conclusion, if you are planning for company incorporation in Singapore, an EP or EntrePass will be the one you must have.