Registration Requirements for Singapore Representative Office
A Singapore Representative Office empowers a foreign company that seeks to evaluate the business scenario and opportunities in the Singapore marketplace before making a major commitment. However, a Representative Office is restricted from entering into any activities that help it generate revenue from commercial sources.
Conditions for a Foreign Company
- A minimal sales turnover of over USD 250,000
- The foreign business entity must have a standing of at least 3 years of running business operations
- The planned employee strength must be below 5
Tax for Singapore Representative Office
A Singapore Representative Office is restricted from commercial revenue-generation activities. This eliminates the need for filing annual tax returns. However, income paid out to the staff of the representative office including the Chief Representative is subject to the Singapore Personal Income Tax.
When choosing to establish your Singapore Representative Office, it is essential to take the below-mentioned steps:
- Registration of Singapore Representative Office by submission of relevant application. Richmond provides comprehensive support for registration.
- Apply for Employment Pass (EP) after successful registration of Singapore Representative Office. The EP empowers the Chief Representative for relocation and running the Representative Office in Singapore.
- It is required to have a Singapore address for the registration of the Singapore Representative Office. At Richmond, we can also enable you to use our registered office address for your short-term or long-term requirements.